The Lagos State Government has announced that they have discharged 37 more COVID-19 Patients from different isolation centres across the state.This brings the total number of those discharged so far since the outbreak of the pandemic to 358, as at Wednesday 6th May 2020.
Governor Sanwo-Olu who made this announcement on his official social media handles a few hours ago, said the 37 more COVID-19 Patients discharged today consisted of 19 females, 18 males and one foreigner, an Indian.
The governor taking to his social media to give his daily briefings to Lagosians, said:
Today, 37 more COVID-19 patients have been discharged from our isolation facilities at Yaba, Onikan and Eti-Osa (LandMark) to reunite with the society. There are 19 females and 18 males including 1 Indian.
The patients, 5 from Mainland Infectious Disease Hospital, Yaba, 25 from Onikan and 7 from Eti-Osa (LandMark) Isolation Centres were discharged today having fully recovered and tested negative to COVID-19 in two consecutive test readings.
With this, the total number of cases successfully managed and discharged from our isolation facilities has risen to 358,” he said.
Governor Sanwo-Olu continued by saying that:
“What this indicates is that while our numbers of confirmed cases are rising, we are also maintaining a significant discharge rate of our active cases, which shows that our medical interventions and management of the cases are working.
While we are encouraged by this, I will like to remind residents that the ease of lockdown is not ease of Physical Distancing.
Remember to practice hand hyiene, join our MaskUpLagos campaign by using a facemask especially when outdoor and don’t forget to strictly observe the social distancing principle.
Together we can break the chain of community transmission ,” he added after confirming that 37 more COVID-19 Patients were discharged today.