YellowDanfo
SHOWBIZ WORLD NEWS

Harvey Weinstein Slammed With New Sexual Assault Charge

Harvey Weinstein Slammed With New Sexual Assault Charge
Harvey Weinstein Slammed With New Sexual Assault Charge

The disgraced Hollywood big man, Harvey Weinstein has been slammed with a new sexual assault charge stemming from an incident back in 2010. The Los Angeles District Attorney’s office announced today it is adding the charge to its already ongoing criminal case, The Blast Magazine reports

According to the report, the prosecutors touching on the new sexual assault charge, said: “Harvey Weinstein was charged with an additional sexual assault count stemming from an incident that allegedly occurred at a Beverly Hills hotel in May 2010.”
The D.A. says they have amended the ongoing criminal case to “add one felony count of sexual battery by restraint.”
The new sexual assault charge is coming a few weeks after Harvey Weinstein was sentenced for sexual and criminal assault, after being charged with several felonies including, forcible rape, forcible oral copulation, sexual penetration by use of force and sexual battery by restraint.

The Los Angeles District Attorney says they have started formal proceedings to extradite the disgraced movie mogul to California to answer to the new sexual assault charge. After Weinstein arrives in L.A. he will be arraigned on all charges in this case.

“We are continuing to build and strengthen our case. As we gather corroborating evidence, we have reached out to other possible sexual assault victims. If we find new evidence of previously unreported crime, as we did here, we will investigate and determine whether additional criminal charges should be filed,” D.A. Jackey Lacey said in a statement.
According to a press release by the agency, the new charge alleges “Weinstein sexually assaulted a woman at a Beverly Hills hotel on May 11, 2010. The victim was first interviewed by law enforcement in October 2019 as a possible corroborating witness in the case.
Last month, she provided detectives with information confirming that the assault took place within the 10-year-statute of limitation.”
The standing charges against Weinstein stem from incidents involving two separate women from 2013.
If convicted on all charges, Harvey Weinstein faces an additional 29 years in state prison, tacked onto the time he is already facing in New York.

The statement from the D.A confirms prosecutors have initiated a request for the “temporary custody” of Weinstein which begins the process of extradition from New York.

Interestingly, in the same release, the District Attorney’s office also announced that two cases involving Weinstein were declined for prosecution because “the victims did not want to testify against the defendant in this case.”
The case remains under investigation.

Related posts

Brazilian President Lula da Silva To Undergo Hip Surgery

yellowdanfo

Dwayne Johnson Gets Oscar Buzz For ‘The Smashing Machine’

yellowdanfo

Ohio Governor John Kasich mulls challenging Trump in 2020

yellowdanfo

Arsenal Player Pablo Mari Injured After Stabbing In Italy

yellowdanfo

Trooping the Colour: Queen Elizabeth marks her official 93rd birthday

yellowdanfo

Diddy Coated Accuser’s Body With Baby Oil Before Assaults

yellowdanfo

Roissy-Charles De Gaulle Airport Record Money Seizure

yellowdanfo

Chimamanda Adichie mourns her friend and Kenya writer Wainaina

yellowdanfo

Darby Ward Welcomes Second Child With Michael Jackson

yellowdanfo

Ronnie Vint and Harriett Blackmore: Love Island Couple Split

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment