The Los Angeles County D.A.’s Office is reviewing possible assault charges against Tory Lanez for his alleged involvement in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting, TMZ reports
According to the reports on Wednesday, the D.A.’s mulling over a charge of felony assault with a firearm after Megan Thee said she was shot back in July as she exited the SUV she was riding in with Tory Lanez.
Tory was arrested, but only charged with possession of a firearm. Now, it’s possible he’ll face the additional charge after prosecutors asked the LAPD to further investigate the incident.
law enforcement sources had said, LAPD detectives opened an investigation into Tory in July, after he allegedly shot Megan in the foot as she exited his chauffeur-driven SUV on the heels of an argument that erupted inside the ride.
As we reported, sources connected to Tory say there were mitigating circumstances and based on what we know. IF he’s charged for it, we believe Tory’s going to say it was an accidental shooting.
The news comes just hours after Megan shared pics of her gruesome foot injury stemming from Tory allegedly shooting her
The video of the incident showed cops pulling over the SUV in the Hollywood Hills, with Tory lying face-down on the pavement and Megan Thee gingerly tip-toeing and leaving bloody footprints with each painful step.
Megan’s injuries to her feet were so bad she had to go into the operating room to remove bullets or bullet fragments.
Megan Thee Stallion says the ordeal left her “hurt and traumatized.”
Lanez was previously arrested and booked for possession of a concealed weapon the handgun cops say they found in the vehicle and now he may be in the cross hairs criminally for the shooting itself.