Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Isa Pantami, has denied reports the United States allegedly placed him on a ‘terror watch list’ for alleged ties with the late Boko Haram founder, Mohammed Yusuf.
He said he has been preaching against Boko Haram for over 15 years over its condemnable doctrines and practices.
Pantami, an Islamic cleric, was alleged to have been a mentor to the founder of the militant Islamist group, who was killed in 2009 in the North-East.
Yusuf’s death triggered a chain of violent activities, including era bombings, kidnappings and hostage-taking among others that have led to massive death and destructions in the North-East.
Reports had emerged on Sunday that Pantami had been placed on the list over alleged ties with Boko Haram leader.
The report claimed that the minister was said to be a close confidant of the late Mohammed Yusuf, the late leader of Boko Haram.
It also claimed that Pantami had ties with Abu Quatada al Falasimi and other Al-Qaeda leaders whom he revered and spoke highly of.
Reacting to the allegation on Twitter, Patanmi stated: “My lectures against the doctrines and all other evil people have been available for over 15 years, including debates that endangered my life against many criminals in Nigeria.
“If you can’t understand Hausa, get an objective Hausa speaker to translate for you objectively.”