Veteran Nollywood actor turned politician, Kenneth Okonkwo has alleged threats and intimidation to his life, for supporting President Muhammadu Buhari.
The Enugu state born actor whose talent and creativity in the Nigerian entertainment industry is never in doubt, in a latest social media post, said since he made his declaration to contest for the Enugu State Governorship seat come 2019 under the All Progressives Congress, himself and family have been receiving all sort of intimidation and curses from some people he did not identify.
The ‘wives on strike’ actor in a long post on his Instagram page, said:
“My attention has been drawn to some negative comments and curses poured out against my person by some ignorant and satanically motivated persons because of my preference of President Muhammadu Buhari as President of this country for his incorruptible and firm character against enemies of Nigeria.
I have been laughing at their ignorance and wickedness.
First, these men have not offered any alternative party or Presidential aspirants to challenge Buhari or be compared with him.
Second, they claim they are Igbos but forgot that in Igboland, it is a cardinal principle and custom that you must respect someone’s personal opinion and must not curse the person, if what the person simply did was to express his opinion and nothing more, “uche onye adighi ya njo”. Even if a person says anything you don’t like, provided he did not curse you, you are permitted to throw away his words but restrained by custom and tradition not to do anything to him.
Third, the Nigerian constitution said in section 39 that “every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference”.
Also in section 38, the constitution states “every person shall be entitled to freedom of thought, conscience… including freedom to change his … belief, and freedom (either alone or in community with others, and in public or in private) to manifest and propagate his belief in teaching, practice and observance”. God himself created man a free moral agent to hold his thoughts and express his opinions as he wishes. He did not even compel man to worship Him.
So these army of ignorant and wicked men are simply trying to rudely and crudely interfere with my traditional, constitutional and religious rights to freely express myself and hold an opinion, belief and thought as I so wish. (Continues in the next picture)
Let me reiterate that I am a follower of President Buhari and believe in his integrity and good intentions to better the lots of Nigerians and that of Ndigbo and I have no apologies for this. Whoever disagrees with me should produce his own strong reasons and better alternatives.
Since these men did not do this, but resorted to curses and vituperations, they have violated the law of nature, man and God.
Here is the verdict of God on them according to Psalm 109 and particularly verses 1-3, 6, 17-21, 25-30.
For the avoidance of doubt let me reproduce these verses verbatim:
“(1) Hold not thy peace, O God of my praise;
(2) for the mouth of the wicked and the mouth of the deceitful are opened against me: they have spoken against me with a lying tongue.
(3) they compassed me about also with words of hatred; and fought against me without a cause.
(6) Set thou a wicked man over him: and let Satan stand at his right hand.
(17) As he loved cursing, so let it come unto him: as he delighted not in blessing, so let it be far from him. (18) As he clothed himself with cursing like as with his garment, so let it come into his bowels like water, and like oil into his bones.
(19) Let it be unto him as the garment which covereth him, and for a girdle wherewith he is girded continually.
(20) Let this be the reward of mine adversaries from the Lord, and of them that speak evil against my soul. (21) But do thou for me, O God the Lord, for thy name’s sake: because thy mercy is good, deliver thou me. (25) I became also a reproach unto them: when they looked upon me they shaked their heads.
(26) Help me, O Lord my God: O save me according to thy mercy:
(27) That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, Lord, hast done it.
(28) Let them curse, but bless thou: when they arise, let them be ashamed; but let thy servant rejoice.
(29) Let mine adversaries be clothed with shame, and let them cover themselves with their own confusion, as with a mantle.
(30) I will greatly praise the Lord with my mouth; yea, I will praise him among the multitude.”
Enugu state is under the control of opposition party of the Peoples Democratic Party and also a state the Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu who also has been rumoured to be eyeing the Governorship seat is from, and APC and Okonkwo winning a Governorship election in that State, will be a tough job….