YellowDanfo
WORLD NEWS

Kate Middleton’s Cancer Diagnosis Video Was Flagged

Why Kate Middleton's Cancer Diagnosis Video Was Flagged With Editor's Note By Photo Agency
Why Kate Middleton's Cancer Diagnosis Video Was Flagged With Editor's Note By Photo Agency

Media company Getty Images have explained why Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis video was flagged more than a week after Kate the recorded video shared, E! News reports.

According to the report by E! News, Getty Images is providing additional context about a recent video of the Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis video.

After Kensington Palace released the Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis video with the Princess of Wales sharing her cancer diagnosis, the media agency added an editor’s note to the footage, E! News reports.

“This Handout clip was provided by a third-party organization,” the message read, “and may not adhere to Getty Images’ editorial policy.”

As for why Getty Images flagged the clip, the company told E! it “includes a standard editors note to handout content provided by third-party organizations.”

The Palace previously shared that BBC Studios filmed the video of Kate revealing her cancer diagnosis to the world on March 20, two days before it was released.

“In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous,” Kate explained. “The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

A Palace spokesperson said the Princess who shares kids Prince George, 10; Princess Charlotte, 8; and Prince Louis, 5, with husband Prince William”wanted to share this information when she and The Prince felt it was right for them as a family.”

But before she spoke out, there had been speculation about Kate’s whereabouts amid her recovery from surgery. This was only compounded by the controversy over her U.K. Mother’s Day photo with her three kids, which was pulled from photo agencies like Agence France-Presse and the Associated Press, with the latter noting the image appeared to have been manipulated.

According to the report by E! News, AFP’s news director Phil Chetwynd revealed that the organization’s “trust in handout pictures from the [Kensington] Palace has been compromised” but added AFP hoped to rebuild that trust over time.

The outcry over the photos ultimately led to Kate addressing the picture and taking responsibility for the Photoshop errors.

“Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing,” she wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, March 11. “I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused.”

However, this wasn’t the only picture to draw attention. Getty Images also flagged a snap Kate had taken of the late Queen Elizabeth II alongside her grandchildren and great-grandchildren in the summer of 2022, adding an editor’s note that said this photo “has been digitally enhanced at source.”

Related posts

Sundance Head Airlifted To Hospital After Accident

yellowdanfo

2021 Met Gala: Naomi Osaka Stuns In Multicultural Look

yellowdanfo

Naomi Campbell Breaks Her Silence On Charity Scandal

yellowdanfo

Nicole Kidman Reveals Why She Paused Filming Babygirl

yellowdanfo

Lamar Odom looks to children for ’emotional relief’ after BIG3 cut

yellowdanfo

OKC City Thunder Beat Indiana Pacers To Win NBA Finals

yellowdanfo

Trevor Noah And Minka Kelly Reportedly Split

yellowdanfo

Kathy Griffin Shows Off Third Facelift As She Steps Out In Malibu

yellowdanfo

Jocelyne Wildenstein Says She Never Had Plastic Surgery

yellowdanfo

PHOTO: Sergio Ramos Apologize For Spain’s Early World Cup Exit

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment