0 C
Lagos, NG
27th September 2022
WORLD NEWS

Chevaline Massacre: A Man Taken Into Custody 9 Years After

Chevaline Massacre: A Man Taken Into Custody By Police
Chevaline Massacre: A Man Taken Into Custody By Police

A man is said to have been arrested and taken into custody as part of the Chevaline massacre investigation, in which three members of the same family and a cyclist were killed 9-years ago, BFMTV reports. 

According to the report, the security operatives handling the Chevaline massacre investigation, are also setting up searches at the home of the suspect whose photo and identify are yet to be made public by authorities.

The Chevaline Massacre:

More than nine years after the events, the Chevaline massacre investigation continues to try to unravel the mystery of this quadruple murder. 

The man was taken into custody by the Chambéry research section as part of the so-called “Chevaline killing” case that occurred in 2012, the Annecy prosecutor said. “This custody aims to carry out checks on the schedule,” she said.

BFMTV reports that the latest arrest was made at the request of the investigating judge on rogatory commission. It is carried out for audit purposes, as others have been carried out in recent years.

Last September, a reconstitution operation was carried out in Chevaline in Haute-Savoie, in the presence of numerous witnesses. The objective was to retrace the path of the killer and to time it. 

Investigators were looking to see if they had missed something that could put them on the trail of a suspect. The whole area had been cordoned off.

On September 5, 2012, three members of the same Al-Hilli family, who reside in Britain, were killed in their car parked in a parking lot on a forest road. 

The father, his wife and his mother-in-law were shot twice in the head, bullets fired from a vintage weapon. The couple’s two daughters were present, one of them was injured, the second was found safe and sound in the car. 

A cyclist, a young father living in the region, was also killed. He received seven impacts.

Shortly after the tragedy, the authorities released a composite of a biker, surprised near the crime scene. The trail of this mysterious biker ended up being abandoned in 2015. Investigators had found him but exonerated him.

Related posts

London Mayor, Sadiq Khan Orders Review Of Slavery Linked Statues

yellowdanfo

UK Record First Case Of Coronavirus Diagnosed In London

yellowdanfo

FG Calls For Tourism Marshall Plan To Aid Post-COVID-19 Recovery

yellowdanfo

Aimé Agat: Trade Unionist Against COVID Vaccine Dies

yellowdanfo

Giannis Facing Suspension After Headbutting Moritz Wagner

yellowdanfo

Hong Kong: Trump condemns violence, calls for humane a resolution

yellowdanfo

Frank Lucas American Gangster, drug kingpin dies at 88

yellowdanfo

Mesut Ozil Reportedly Rejects Fenerbahce Move Wants Arsenal Stay

yellowdanfo

Mark Cuban Slammed With $500k Fine For Criticising Game Officials

yellowdanfo

6 People Reportedly Injured In A Shooting At A California High School

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment