YellowDanfo
WORLD NEWS

Pence Rejects Calls To Invoke 25th Amendment To Remove Trump

Pence Rejects Calls To Invoke 25th Amendment To Remove Trump
Pence Rejects Calls To Invoke 25th Amendment To Remove Trump

The Vice President of the United States, Mike Pence, has released a statement where he rejected calls for him to invoke 25th Amendment to remove Donald Trump from office. He said in his statement, that he did not think it was “in the best interest of our nation or consistent with our Constitution.”

The statement by Mike Pence which was released on Tuesday 12th January 2021, came a day after his meeting with the embattled President Trump, which was their first meeting after the ugly incident at the Capitol Hill by Pro-Trump supporters.

Mike Pence who was reported to have been given 24-hours by Speaker Nancy Pelosi to invoke 25th Amendment to remove his Boss, President Trump, wrote the Speaker just as the House prepares to vote on a resolution urging him and the cabinet to invoke the amendment.

Pence wrote that “last week, I did not yield to pressure to exert power beyond my constitutional authority to determine the outcomes of the election, and I will not now yield to efforts in the House of Representatives to play political games at a time so serious in the life of our nation.”

Pence said that the 25th Amendment was designed to address presidential incapacity or disability, not “a means of punishment or usurpation.”

Pelosi has said that the House will move on to impeachment if Pence declined to invoke 25th Amendment. An impeachment vote is likely on Wednesday, charging Trump with inciting an insurrection.

Pence did not bring up the possibility of impeachment in his letter, but wrote that he wanted to urge members of Congress to “avoid actions that would further divide and inflame the passions of the moment.”

The calls to impeach President Trump increased after he allegedly incited the invasion of the Capitol Hill by his Pro-Trump supporters, at the time Congress were about affirming Joe Biden’s victory.

This was Mike Pence’s statement:

Pence Rejects Calls To Invoke 25th Amendment To Remove Trump
Pence Rejects Calls To Invoke 25th Amendment To Remove Trump

Related posts

Kendrick Lamar Increases Security For Music Video Shoot

yellowdanfo

Arby’s: Dead Body Found Inside Freezer In U.S Restaurant

yellowdanfo

Barbie Banned In Algeria, Weeks After Local Release

yellowdanfo

Highland Park Parade Shooting Suspect Indicted

yellowdanfo

Diddy And Son Justin Combs Accused Of Rape In New Lawsuit

yellowdanfo

Dejon Noel-Williams Blasts ‘Surviving Dejon’ Book

yellowdanfo

Dame Joan Plowright : Award-Winning Actress Dies At 95

yellowdanfo

WNBA Star Brittney Griner Sentenced To 9-Years In Prison

yellowdanfo

Burnley Say They Are ‘Ashamed And Embarrassed’ Over Banner 

yellowdanfo

Sadio Mane Named CAF African Player Of The Year

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment