0 C
Lagos, NG
28th February 2021
WORLD NEWS

Donald Trump’s Twitter Account Suspended Permanently

PHOTO: Jack Takes Down Donald Trump's Twitter Account
PHOTO: Jack Takes Down Donald Trump's Twitter Account

Twitter, has suspended President Donald Trump’s Twitter account permanently, a few hours after it restored the account after a brief suspension following Capitol Hill riots.

After Donald Trump’s Twitter account was suspended, he quickly took to the POTUS account to make a post where be blasted Twitter for banning @realdonaldtrump and vowing, “We will not be silenced!”

Trump also said that they are “negotiating with “various other sites,” and even looking at the possibilities of “building out our own platform in the near future.”

Twitter announced on Friday evening that it was permanently suspending the @realdonaldtrump account, citing Trump’s potential to incite violence. 

Twitter said that it would keep the @POTUS account active, but would continue to monitor it. Within minutes after posting, Donald Trump’s tweets disappeared from that account, too. Twitter said that they violated rules that prohibit using another account to evade suspension.

In his @POTUS tweet, Trump wrote, “As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me — and YOU, the 75,000,000 great…

“…patriots who voted for me. 

Twitter may be a private company, but the government’s gift of Section 230 they would not exist for long. I predicted this would happen. We have been negotiating with various other sites, and will have a big announcement soon, while we …”

“…also look at the possibilities of building out our own platform in the near future. We will not be SILENCED! Twitter is not about FREE SPEECH. They are all about promoting a Radical Left platform where some of the most vicious people in the world are allowed to speak freely…

“…STAY TUNED!”

The @POTUS and @WhiteHouse accounts will transfer to Joe Biden’s administration on Jan. 20.

Google, meanwhile, announced that its was suspending the Google Play listing of social media platform Parler. Trump supporters who claimed that Twitter was biased against them have flocked to Parler, which has less stringent terms of use.

In a statement, Google said, “In order to protect user safety on Google Play, our longstanding policies require that apps displaying user-generated content have moderation policies and enforcement that removes egregious content like posts that incite violence.

“All developers agree to these terms and we have reminded Parler of this clear policy in recent months. We’re aware of continued posting in the Parler app that seeks to incite ongoing violence in the US. 

We recognize that there can be reasonable debate about content policies and that it can be difficult for apps to immediately remove all violative content, but for us to distribute an app through Google Play, we do require that apps implement robust moderation for egregious content. 

In light of this ongoing and urgent public safety threat, we are suspending the app’s listings from the Play Store until it addresses these issues.“

Donald Trump’s Twitter account was blocked on Wednesday after “repeated and severe violations” and threatened permanent suspension. That day his supporters stormed the Capitol following a rally he addressed, stirring them up over his loss to President-elect Joe Biden. 

In tweets as the violence against lawmakers was ongoing, he called the mob “very special” and posted a video again insisting the election had been stolen.

Twitter agreed to reinstate his account after the tweets were removed, with a 12-hour delay. Trump released a video Thursday night in which he attempted to be conciliatory. He was said be planning to release another video this evening but now will not have the chance it seems, at least on Twitter.

Trump has 88 million Twitter followers and it’s been his preferred method of communication for the past four years.

Shortly after the announcement, Trump’s son, Donald Trump Jr., wrote on the platform, “We are living Orwell’s 1984. Free-speech no longer exists in America. It died with big tech and what’s left is only there for a chosen few. This is absolute insanity!”

Related posts

PHOTO: Spurs compound Mourinho’s woes with a 0-3 win

yellowdanfo

PHOTO: Lewis Hamilton officially A Tommy Hilfiger Menswear Ambassador

yellowdanfo

Breaking: Naira Marley allegedly released on bail 

yellowdanfo

New Swine Flu With Pandemic Potential Discovered In China

yellowdanfo

Andy Murray announces plans to retire from Tennis

yellowdanfo

Taraji Henson honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk-Of-Fame

yellowdanfo

Man City Beats Burnley 5-0 To Delay Liverpool’s Title Win

yellowdanfo

See All The Winners From The 2019 MTV EMAs

yellowdanfo

Kim Kardashian Surprises Kris Jenner On Her 64th Birthday  

yellowdanfo

Ali Baba celebrates Mr Omobolanle ‘Papi Luwe’ on his 64th birthday

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment