Singer, Jeremih has finally left the hospital where he was receiving treatment and recovering after being tested for COVID-19.
Jeremih’s mother was with him when he walked out of the hospital Friday evening. She said walking is a major accomplishment for him after his battle with the virus.
According to the reports on Saturday, the singer whose news of hospitalization was first reported by 50Cent on his social media account, has been released from Northwestern Memorial Hospital after a weeks-long battle with COVID-19 and he is at home recovering.
The singer who also released a statement to the media after he left the hospital, said: “First and foremost, I would like to thank God and the incredible team of doctors and nurses at Northwestern Memorial Hospital for saving my life. I will be forever grateful.”
He continued by adding:
“I would also like to thank my family and friends for all their prayers and well wishes. I’m overwhelmed with gratitude. A special thanks to Chance The Rapper, 50 Cent and Diddy for their love and support.”
There was a time last month when it looked like the singer wouldn’t make it. He was on a ventilator in ICU last weekend, when 50, Chance and others asked for prayers on Jeremih’s behalf.
50 made it clear a week ago, things were not looking good … “Pray for my boy Jeremih. He’s not doing good. This COVID s*** is real.”
Jeremih says, “I would like to thank all my fans and people around the world who prayed for me. I’m getting stronger everyday, and look forward to spending time with my sons.”