The Speaker of Oyo State House of Assembly, Hon Ogundoyin on Thursday 2nd April 2029, joined the COVID-19 team in his constituency of Ibarapa East in Oyo State to intensify sensitization efforts on the dreaded coronavirus pandemic.
Hon Ogundoyin in a latest social media post, said while at his Ibarapa East Constituency, he also distributed food items to cushione the effects of the stay at home order, and preventive materials to help control and slow down the spread of the virus.
Hon Ogundoyin who has been working hard alongside the Governor of the State, Governor Seyi Makinde who has since been tested positive to the virus, and now in Self-Isolation, a few days ago outlined some measures the state will be taking to fight the spread of the virus.
The first meeting of the Oyo State COVID-19 Task Force that was led by the Governor, held on Friday, March 20, 2020. The following actions were greed at the said meeting:
1. Emergency operation centre to be set up within 72 hours.
2. Diagnostic Centre to be set up within 72 hours.
3. Schools to be closed immediately until after Easter.
4. The Maternal and health centre at Olodo has now been re-designated as the state infectious disease hospital.
5. Two ambulances dedicated to coronavirus cases to be provided.
6. The disease surveillance and notifications system in the 33 LGAs and 35 LCDAs created earlier will be activated.
7. The Free Health Mission is hereby suspended.
8. The ongoing employee verification is suspended.
9. We will increase our enlightenment campaigns.
10. Wash centres will be provided in markets and public places.
11. Personal protective gear will be provided for our health workers through emergency purchases.
Since the Governor was confirmed positive to the coronavirus, there has been a total of 8 confirmed cases as at Wednesday 1st April 2020 in Oyo State. But the total number of confirmed cases in Nigeria as at 8pm on Thursday 2nd April 2020, stand at 184.