Prince William speaks for the first time about his brother Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan dumping Royal life and moving to Canada, as he revealed that the decision has come as a shock to him.
According to the report by Evening Standard, Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton who some have been accused as one of the reasons Prince Harry and Meghan took the decision they took, is speaking up a few hours before the Queen host crisis talks with the Duke of Sussex and senior royals on Monday. The talks as reported is in a bid to find a solution to his and Meghan’s future roles following their decision to step back from royal duties.
According to the Sunday Times, the Duke of Cambridge told a friend: “I’ve put my arm around my brother all our lives and I can’t do that anymore; we’re separate entities.
“I’m sad about that. All we can do and all I can do is try and support them and hope that the time comes when we’re all singing from the same page.
“I want everyone to play on the team.”
The Queen will be joined by Harry, William and the Prince of Wales at her private Norfolk estate of Sandringham for the crunch meeting where the “next steps” will be decided.
It will be the first time the four will have met since the issue engulfed the royal family, and it is thought Charles will be travelling from Birkhall in Scotland, William from his Kensington Palace apartment and Harry from Frogmore Cottage near Windsor Castle.
Meghan is expected join the discussion over the phone from Canada.
Before them will be a range of options, and it is likely the royals will try to come to some agreement before the meeting ends to stop the immediate crisis causing lasting damage to the monarchy, the Evening Standard added.
On Sunday, the Queen received a warm reception from the public as she went to church at St Mary Magdalene Church in Sandringham.
Prince Charles has travelled to Oman to attend a condolence ceremony following the death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, but is expected to travel back to the UK in time for the talks.
Harry and Meghan are said to have left the Queen and senior royals feeling “hurt” by their bombshell announcement they plan to step back as senior royals, become financially independent and split their time between the UK and North America.
The Queen, William and Charles have given orders for their households to work with the Sussexes’ team to quickly find a “workable solution” to their desire to change the direction of their royal lives, but still support the Queen.
A royal source said: “The family will gather on Monday at Sandringham to talk things through, attended by Her Majesty, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex.
“Following a series of meetings and consultations across the last few days, there are a range of possibilities for the family to review which take into account the thinking the Sussexes outlined earlier in the week.
As we have said previously, making a change to the working life and role in the monarchy for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex requires complex and thoughtful discussions.
“Next steps will be agreed at the meeting, the request for this to be resolved at pace is still her Majesty’s wish – the aim remains days not weeks.
“There is genuine agreement and understanding that any decision will take time to be implemented.”
Meghan flew to Canada a few days ago where she spent an extended festive break with Harry and baby son Archie in the province of British Columbia.
She is with her child, but the source said it is hoped the duchess will be able to participate remotely in the meeting.