0 C
Lagos, NG
26th February 2020
  • Home
  • SPORTS
  • Mayweather backs out of fight with Japanese Nasukawa
SPORTS WORLD NEWS

Mayweather backs out of fight with Japanese Nasukawa

Mayweather backs out of fight with Japanese Nasukawa
Mayweather backs out of fight with Japanese Nasukawa

Floyd Mayweather calls off the December 31st 2018 fight against 20-year old Japanese kick-boxer,  Tenshin Nasukawa, insisting that he was mislead and blindsided by the whole thing.

The 50-0 boxing Champion, on Wednesday night, put up a statement saying he had on idea of what was going on at the press conference in Japan. He said:

“Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regards to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced. First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the “Rizen Fighting Federation”.

What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of “One Entertainment” was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a “Special Bout” purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide.

Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately. I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry.

I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.” he said.

Related posts

Chris Brown Shows Off A Shirtless Photo Of Ammika And Their Son

yellowdanfo

PHOTO: Chelsea Manager Sarri to name new team Captain soon

yellowdanfo

Twitter rants: Khloe Kardashian apologized to her fans

yellowdanfo

Miss Universe 2019, Zozibini Tunzi Thank Fans For Their Messages

yellowdanfo

Lakers beat Warriors 127-101 to end their 7 games losing streak

yellowdanfo

PHOTO: CardiB back with her husband, Offset

yellowdanfo

Ebola: Google honours Nigerian Physician late Dr Adadevoh

yellowdanfo

PHOTO: Kylie Jenner Goes Back To Blonde In New Photo

yellowdanfo

See List of winners at the BAFTA 2019 awards ceremony

yellowdanfo

Anxiety in DR Congo after Government cut off internet access

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment

Login

X

Register