Two former President of the United States of America,(US) President Bill Clinton and Barack Obama and their wives were recipients of separate suspected letter bombs sent to them by yet to be identified person or persons.
According to reports, the suspected parcels suspected to be “bomb” were sent to some prominent Democrats politicians and even some news agencies in the United States (US). The bombs which were sent through Monday-Wednesday were alleged to have been going after targets against the President and his administration.
News Agency CNN which also received a similar bomb, addressed to Mr. Obama’s C.I.A. director John Brennan, touching off a mass evacuation of the Time Warner Center in Midtown Manhattan, where the network is located.
Security sources investigating the matter, said all the alleged bombs were similar to that received by George Soros, the billionaire philanthropist, and liberal donor, and although no injuries so far recorded, investigation are still ongoing and search for more of those devices ongoing as they suspect the devices were sent by the same person or persons.
The Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein earlier today, while speaking on the incident, condemned the actions, saying:
“We condemn those actions of the person or persons who sent those devices in the strongest possible terms and we are determined that justice will be done,” he said.
Rosenstein added: “In the meantime, as we proceed to carry out our duties we will not be intimidated by any threats.”