YellowDanfo
ENTERTAINMENT SHOWBIZ WORLD NEWS

Prince Harry And Meghan To Stay Neutral In US Election

Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Issue Statement On Palisades Wildfires
Prince Harry And Meghan Markle Issue Statement On Palisades Wildfires

Prince Harry and Meghan will reportedly stay publicly neutral in the US presidential election and have simply urged Americans to go out and vote, Daily Mail reports.

According to the report by Daily Mail, Prince Harry and Meghan marked National Voter Registration Day on Tuesday by getting the Archewell team to take part in a letter-writing activity.

Staff sent out letters to unregistered voters to encouraged them to vote in the upcoming presidential election.

The statement read: ‘Voting is not just a right; it’s a fundamental way to influence the fate of our communities.

‘At The Archewell Foundation, we recognize that civic engagement, no matter one’s political party, is at the heart of a more just and equitable world.
‘By participating in initiatives like this, we aim to amplify the message that every voice matters.’

The Telegraph reported that the letters stopped short of endorsing a particular candidate but instead urged voters to simply use their voice. 
The couple invited readers to ‘join us in this important effort’ and volunteer time to write letters to unregistered voters.

The statement concluded: ‘Together, let’s make sure every eligible voter is informed and empowered to participate in shaping America’s future.’

It comes after the couple were accused of endorsing Joe Biden in the last US election, as they filmed a video statement from the garden of their Montecito mansion, which they had only just moved into at the time.

In the video address, Prince Harry told US voters to ‘reject hate speech’ while Meghan labelled the 2020 presidential race the ‘most election of our lifetime’.

The Duke said at the time: ‘This election I am not able to vote in the US. But many of you may not know that I haven’t been able to vote in the UK my entire life. As we approach this November, it’s vital that we reject hate speech, misinformation and online negativity.’ 

While Harry and Meghan did not name their favoured candidate, many viewers thought it ‘obvious’ they were backing Joe Biden over Donald Trump. As such, the Sussexes were accused of ‘violating’ the terms of their ‘Megxit’ deal.

In September 2020, Trump said that he was ‘no fan’ of the Duchess after the couple released their video.  

In the aftermath, Republicans and other critics called on the Royal Family to strip the couple of their titles, calling the interference of the Duke and Duchess ‘inappropriate’.

A Buckingham Palace spokesman said at the time: ‘We would not comment. The Duke is not a working member of the Royal Family and any comments he makes are made in a personal capacity.’

Unlike last year, the Sussex’s statement was this year released through the Archewell Foundation rather than via the couple’s private office. 

Both the Duke and Duchess are expected to remain neutral ahead of the election on November 5, according to The Telegraph. 
They will not make an official endorsement.

Related posts

Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty to sexual assault charges

yellowdanfo

Alleged Rape: Busola Dakolo confirms interview with UK Guardian

yellowdanfo

Nelson Piquet: Footage Shows Ex-Champ Used Racial Slur

yellowdanfo

George Frayne: Rock Star Commander Cody Dies At 77

yellowdanfo

Tokyo 2020 Olympics Move To July 23-Aug. 8 2021

yellowdanfo

Jude Bellingham: Dortmund Signs Birmingham Starlet For £25m

yellowdanfo

PHOTO: Maurizio Sarri prefers 3-points to setting record

yellowdanfo

PHOTO: Governor El-Rufia questioned on family Planning as he celebrates Daughter’s Birthday

yellowdanfo

Trey Brunson And Riah Nelson Welcome First Baby

yellowdanfo

Jennifer Lopez Dodges Question About Her Marriage

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment