The Anambra Police Command has discovered yet another Baby Factory in the state, as they burst the syndicate operating the child trafficking business in the state.
According to the statement released by the Anambra Police Command Public Relations Officer, CSP Haruna Mohammed on Tuesday 26th January 2021, said the baby factory was discovered when the police operatives attached to the SIB and Area Command, Oraifite Anambra State, coordinated by the Area Commander, ACP Afolabi Wilfred, raided the house of one Melvina Uju Uba, located opposite Nnamdi Azikiwe Orthopedic Teaching Hospital Oba in Idemili South LGA of Anambra State.
CSP Haruna Mohammed who shared photos of the suspected Baby Factory operators, gave their names and age as follows:
– Edna Nnadi, ‘f’, aged 37 years
– Ujunwa Nweke, ‘f’, aged 25years
– Izuchukwu Uba, ‘f’, aged 24 years
— Chinaza Ibeh, ‘f’, aged 19years
– Peace Okon Effiong, ‘f’, aged 25years
– Gift Collins, ‘f’, aged 20years
– Chimkaso Kingsley, ‘f’, aged 25years
– Happiness Monday, ‘f’, aged 18years
– Chioma Okonkwo, ‘f’, aged 25years and,
– Uchechukwu Nwankwo, ‘f’, aged 18-years .
“The place was raided following credible information that teenage girls were being impregnated and the babies sold out by human traffickers. During the operation, five newly born babies and three other children were rescued.
Meanwhile, the rescued children will be handed over to the Ministry of Social Welfare, Children’s and Women’s Affairs for proper care, while effort is being intensified to apprehend other accomplices in order to bring them to justice,” CSP Haruna Mohammed added.