FIFA has on Friday, announced the three finalists for the Best FIFA men’s player of the year 2020. The world football governing body, named Juventus Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi of Barcelona and Bayern forward, Lewandowski as the finalist for the award.
The Best FIFA Football Awards 2020 which ceremony will come up on Thursday 17 December 2020, will see the three men finalists and others rewarded for their performances during this year.
FIFA in their statement on Friday 11th December 2020, also unveiled Reshmin Chowdhury and Ruud Gullit as the host of the award ceremony.
The ceremony will be held as a virtual TV show, broadcasted from the Home of FIFA in Zurich.
FIFA also announced the three finalists for the Women’s award, as the likes of Lucy Bronze (England / Olympique Lyonnais / Manchester City WFC), Pernille Harder (Denmark / VfL Wolfsburg / Chelsea FC Women) and Wendie Renard (France / Olympique Lyonnais).
Finalists for Best Women coach are:
- Emma Hayes (England / Chelsea FC Women)
- Jean-Luc Vasseur (France / Olympique Lyonnais)
- Sarina Wiegman (Netherlands / Dutch national team)
Finalists for Best Women Goalkeepers are:
- Sarah Bouhaddi (France / Olympique Lyonnais)
- Christiane Endler (Chile / Paris Saint-Germain)
- Alyssa Naeher (USA / Chicago Red Stars)
Finalists for best Men goalkeeprs:
- Alisson Becker (Brazil / Liverpool FC)
- Manuel Neuer (Germany / FC Bayern München)
- Jan Oblak (Slovenia / Atlético de Madrid)
Men Best coach shortlisted are:
- Hans-Dieter Flick (Germany / FC Bayern München)
- Jürgen Klopp (Germany / Liverpool FC)
- Julen Lopetegui (Spain / Sevilla FC)
Shortlist for the FIFA Puskas Award 2020
- Son Heungmin (KOR) – Tottenham Hotspur FC v. Burnley FC [Premier League – England] (7 December 2019)
- Luis Suárez (URU) – FC Barcelona v. RCD Mallorca [LaLiga] – Spain] (7 December 2019)
- Giorgian De Arrascaeta (URU) – Ceará SC v. CR Flamengo [Brasileirão – Brazil] (25 August 2019