YellowDanfo
WORLD NEWS

China Starts Pulling Back Troops Near Contested Border With India

China Starts Pulling Back Troops Near Contested Border With India
China Starts Pulling Back Troops Near Contested Border With India

China has begun pulling back troops from along its contested border with India on Monday, Reuters reports.

According to the report, an Indian government source said, had told the news outlet that Chinese troops are pulling back troops from the contested border, following a clash between the two countries last month in which 20 Indian soldiers were killed.

Troops fought for hours with rods and clubs on the night of June 15, with some falling to their deaths in the freezing waters of the Galwan river in the western Himalayas, the report added.

China has yet to confirm whether it suffered casualties, but the Indian deaths are the highest along the contested border in more than five decades, a dramatic escalation that led to weeks of talks between senior military officials on how to ease tensions.

On Monday the Chinese military was seen dismantling tents and structures at a site in the Galwan valley near to where the latest clash took place, said the Indian government sources, who declined to be identified as they are not authorised to speak to the media.

Vehicles were seen withdrawing from the area, as well as at Hotsprings and Gogra – two other contested border zones – the sources said.

In response to a question on whether China had moved back equipment in the Galwan valley, Chinese foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said both sides were “taking effective measures to disengage and ease the situation on the border”.

“We hope India will meet China halfway and take concrete measures to carry out what both sides agreed to, continue to closely communicate through diplomatic and military channels, and work together to cool down the situation at the border,” Zhao told a news conference.

Related posts

Aaron Judge: New York Yankees Star Hits Home Run No. 62

yellowdanfo

Harvard University:  Judge Blocks Trump’s Proclamation

yellowdanfo

Haiti Jailbreak: Jailed Gang Leader 24 Others Killed

yellowdanfo

Marcus Jordan Pleads Not Guilty In DUI Case

yellowdanfo

Prince Harry Gets Support From Princess Diana’s Siblings 

yellowdanfo

Diddy Gets A Prison Visit From Son Justin On Christmas

yellowdanfo

Kyren Lacy: Police Release Crash Video Disputing Attorney’s Claim

yellowdanfo

Adele Makes Rare Appearance With Rich Paul At Christmas Party

yellowdanfo

Washington DC Plane Crash Clip: Airport Workers Arrested

yellowdanfo

Two Capitol Police Officers Suspended Over Capitol Hill Riots

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment