0 C
Lagos, NG
29th January 2023
SHOWBIZ WORLD NEWS

U.S Will Not Pay For Meghan And Harry’s Security Protection – Trump

BetterUp: Prince Harry Joins Mental Health Company CIO
BetterUp: Prince Harry Joins Mental Health Company CIO

The President of the United States, President Donald Trump has issued a warning about Meghan and Prince Harry’s security protection, as he insisted that the United States government will not pay for the Sussex’s security if they live in the United States, Associated Press reports.

According to the report, President Trump while responding to reports that the Royal couple has moved to California, Trump tweeted on Sunday:

“I am a great friend and admirer of the Queen & the United Kingdom. It was reported that Harry and Meghan, who left the Kingdom, would reside permanently in Canada. Now they have left Canada for the U.S. however, the U.S. will not pay for their security protection. They must pay!”

In January the royal couple announced they planned to quit as senior royals, seek financial independence and move to North America.The split becomes official at the end of March.

Since late last year, Harry and Meghan have since been based on Canada’s Vancouver Island.

Last month, Canadian authorities said they would stop paying for the couple’s security protection once they ceased to be working royals.

Mary-Liz Power, a spokeswoman for Canada’s public safety minister, said in February that “the assistance will cease in the coming weeks, in keeping with their change in status.”

Power said that as duke and duchess of Sussex, they have been considered “internationally protected persons” who warranted security measures under international treaty.

Unconfirmed reports say the couple and their 10-month-old son Archie recently flew to Los Angeles, where Meghan was raised.

Representatives for Meghan did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment Sunday.

Harry grandson of Queen Elizabeth II and sixth in line to the British throne, and married the American actress Meghan Markle at Windsor Castle in May 2018, in a ceremony watched by millions around the world.

But the couple later said they found scrutiny by the British media, which they said tipped into harassment intolerable, which were part of the reasons they had to move to a foreign country.

(AP)

Related posts

We Are Not Leaving Nigeria- Shoprite Denies Media Reports

yellowdanfo

FBI arrest Roger Stone an ally to President Trump

yellowdanfo

Bobrisky gives six comic reasons why girls constantly hate on him

yellowdanfo

Trump Fires Back At Macron For Calling NATO Alliance ‘Brain Death’

yellowdanfo

Donald Trump’s Company Fined $1.6m For Evading Taxes

yellowdanfo

Boston Marathon Bomber: Court To Reinstate Death Penalty

yellowdanfo

Olamide Adedeji Signs A Joint Venture Deal With Empire Record

yellowdanfo

Breaking: Former UEFA President Michel Platini arrested in Paris

yellowdanfo

Hershel Woodrow Williams Dies At 98

yellowdanfo

UK Court grants P&ID request to seize $9bn Nigeria’s assets abroad

yellowdanfo

Leave a Comment