Prince Harry and wife, Meghan Markle are reported to have filed for a trademark of Sussex Royal as backlash continues on their shocking move to step down on senior royal family duties. The latest development which is said to have been filed since last year, clearly shows that the couple had everything planned out before dropping the bombshell on their break away from the British Royal family to live a separate private life abroad.
According to the report by the Blast, a report from the U.K trademark records, obtained by the media outfit, showed that the couple filed for a trademark for the phrase, ‘Sussex Royal.’ The filing includes hundreds of items, under several categories, using the name for various businesses.
The records show the couple applied for the trademark back on June 21, 2019, and the paperwork is being reviewed by the UK’s Intellectual Property Office as of December 20.
The royal couple also filed to trademark their charitable organization ‘The Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.’ Any registered trademark in England lasts 10 years.
The Royal couple’s trademark includes clothing like hats, t-shirts, even “trousers!” the report added.
According to the filing, the list of possible clothing items is as follows: “footwear; headgear; t-shirts; coats; jackets; anoraks; trousers; sweaters; jerseys; dresses; pyjamas; suits; sweatshirts; hooded tops; caps; hats; bandanas; headbands; socks; scarves and neckwear; gloves; sportswear.
The trademarking of Sussex Royal, will answer some of the questions from a section of the British people who have questioned how the couple will fund their lavish lifestyle living away from the British Royal family.
Meghan Markle who has since left the United Kingdom for Canada to be with her son and mother had released a statement telling the world what the Sussex had planned for their future, and ultimately that of their son.
The couple issued a statement, saying, “After many months of reflection and internal discussions, we have chosen to make a transition this year in starting to carve out a progressive new role within this institution. We intend to step back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family and work to become financially independent while continuing to fully support Her Majesty The Queen. It is with your encouragement, particularly over the last few years, that we feel prepared to make this adjustment.”
It continued, “We now plan to balance our time between the United Kingdom and North America, continuing to honour our duty to The Queen, the Commonwealth, and our patronages. This geographic balance will enable us to raise our son with an appreciation for the royal tradition into which he was born, while also providing our family with the space to focus on the next chapter, including the launch of our new charitable entity. We look forward to sharing the full details of this exciting next step in due course, as we continue to collaborate with Her Majesty The Queen, The Prince of Wales, The Duke of Cambridge and all relevant parties. Until then, please accept our deepest thanks for your continued support.”
We are still waiting to officially hear from the Queen on her say to the bombshell dropped on the British Royal family, which sources said she was properly notified before the news got to the public.