Pro-Vision Media Systems Limited (“Pro-Vision”) has reacted to the suspension of its operating licence by the Lagos State Signage and Advertisement Agency (LASAA) following the release of a music video on social media on Saturday 3rd August, 2019 by Tekno, in which semi-nude women were displayed in a mobile advert truck around the Lekki toll gate, Lagos.
The suspension was premised on the ground that the said truck with vehicle registration number APP 713 XL was registered in the name of Pro-Vision Media which is a licenced advertising agency.
The media agency in their reaction said the announcement was out rightly shocking to Pro-Vision Media because the company had since October 2018 sold the said truck to one Stanley Ugboha, an ex-staff of the company.
They stated further that: “The company’s investigation of the incident revealed that indeed, Stanley Ugboha who purchased the truck had failed to register the truck in his name despite the company had issued him a receipt for the purchase of the truck, executed and delivered an instrument of transfer of the truck to him along with the registration documents and handed over possession of the truck to him.
More appalling was the discovery that in addition to failing to register the truck in his name, he renewed the existing vehicle registration which is in the name of Pro-Vision on Friday 2nd August 2019 without notice, consent or authority of Pro-Vision Media.
As an interim measure, Pro-Vision immediately issued a disclaimer by which it denied ownership of the said truck and stated that it was not responsible for the display complained about by LASAA.
The company also stated that it will co-operate with LASAA and other government agencies. Pro-Vision is pleased to inform the general public that the company has fulfilled its civic responsibility as a responsible corporate organisation as pledged.
On Monday 5th August 2019 the company wrote a letter to LASAA to exonerate itself of the incident and provided all relevant documents evidencing the fact that the truck had been sold since October 2018” the statement said.
On their meeting with LASAA, the media agency said they honoured a summoned by LASAA to hear before a fact-finding panel. The company went ahead to condemn the act, saying:
“Once again, Pro-Vision strongly condemns the incident and restates its commitment to the highest standards of professionalism in the performance of its business obligations. The company believes in advertisements which promote acceptable standards of conduct and will not partake of any unlawful activity. The company has commenced a review of the issues that gave rise to this incident with a view to preset such undesirable consequences in the future”.