Popular Wazobia On-Air Personality, Steve Onu who is better known as Yaw Naija on Friday, posted some photos and a short video recounting how he lost everything to a house fire. He said he initially thought the smell he was perceiving while getting ready for his workplace was a suya/barbecue smell coming out from his neighbour’s apartment, only to discover that the smell was actually coming from his apartment. The smell was coming from his AC that already caught fire.
According to Yaw Naija who said he normally does not post personal stuff on social media, the fire that gutted his apartment started from his Air conditioning system, which later spread to other areas. The fire damaged everything in the apartment as he displayed some photos on his Instagram page, showing the extent of the damage.
Yaw taking to his Instagram page, posted a video where he narrated how it all started, saying :
“I dont usually write or post anything personal but this one I go post am sha
1st of May 2019 is a day I will not forget
8.50am, my neighbor is always either cooking or making suya/barbecue and I am always smelling something and was thinking, dis guy don start again dis morning and him no dey give person chop,
That was my thinking o not knowing say na another thing dey smell
Anyway me i was ready to go to work and as i open the door i saw ??? … e don burn the AC and don catch d chair. Dis one no be my neighbor o, na my AC o… My brothers and sisters dem no dey tell deaf man say war don start… ?♀️?♀️?♀️?♂️?♂️?♂️?♂️
I began to shout Fire! Fire!! Fire!!! Before I could turn back…the rest us history, it burnt down everything but thank God the other flats didn’t burn.
For all those that have called and or sent me messages thank you. I appreciate.
I thank God I’m alive.”
See some of the photos showing the damage: